Tuesday 11 February 2014

Stop Motion Throwbacks

In one of my current modules, we're looking at stop motion. This isn't the first time I've played about with animation, or specifically this type of animation, so I thought I'd share the two animation pieces I've done before. My first crack at animation was on my art foundation in my photography/film module. Unfortunately at the time I thought only saving it through the tumblr account I used for the entire project was a good idea - nevertheless here it is - I explain more about the piece on the post. The second piece of animation I have created was last year at my previous university. With that piece we were given an obscure word which we had to explain the meaning via the method of stop motion animation, only using the letters in that word. I won't tell you the answer as (hopefully) you can guess what it is.



In regards to my current project, we're actually doing something similar. Over the Christmas break we had to buy a second hand hobby book and only using the letters of the title of the book, visually represent what the book is about. I'm currently going through and editing around 500 images to create three separate outcomes. Although the editing itself is fairly straight forward, I'm peaking at 1-2 a minute so thus very time consuming - stay tuned for those pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment